woodwork I'm no master at it. Although, I love good quality woodwork and finished woodwork just like most everybody else. Fortunately there are many good quality woodworking tools that are available today to the person who is adventurous in this endeavor.
Some of those tools that make this job much easier and that produce real nice results are:
- Heat Guns
- Laminate Trimmers
But there is one area of woodwork that is tedious and takes a good steady hand to do. That is finishing woodworking. Finish woodwork requires precision in the cuts that are made to cover the flaws to make it look perfect to the eyes. Creating perfect finish carpentry.
Enter now my review for the master craftsman carpenter in your home. My review of the Compound Miter Saw. As usual, after spending many hours researching the myriads of miter saws, I decided on the best quality saw for this review is the DeWalt DW713 10-inch Compound Miter Saw.
This saw meets or exceeds all the other saws in its class in quality, features and price for quality. DeWalt saws are known for their durability, power, and engineering. Let's dive into the fruits of this power saw and see how well it makes the cut!
The Extraordinary Features
- Powerful Motor
- Stainless Steel Detent Plate
- Tall Sliding Fences
- Machined Base Fence
- Cam Miter Lock
- Miter Deterent Override
- Greater Versatility
These are some of the more prominent features to this outstanding miter saw. But the one feature that caught my attention was that this saw is compatible with the DeWALT adjustable Miter Saw Laser System. This laser system although sold separately, is the ultimate for getting the perfect cut. If you want the most accuracy in your cuts then this is the way to go.
But this DeWALT Saw has accuracy written all over it even without the laser system in my opinion. You can't go wrong either way.
This DeWALT Compound Miter Saw comes with a powerful carbide blade that'll make cutting your crown molding and baseboards a sinch to do. With its powerful design for quick, accurate cuts angles are no problem for this saw.
With it's 10 inch carbide blade it makes quick work for cutting framing or molding and other cross-cutting miter jobs. It is a durable sturdy saw designed to allow precise cuts and versatile setups required for miter job applications. It's adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate has 11 positive stops for easy setup and improved efficiency.
It has an easy to adjust cam-lock miter handle to make those quick and accurate miter saw angles. Also features an easy detent override to allow you to adjust the miter setting without the saw slipping into the other miter detents. With big miter capacity of 0-50 degrees to the left and right adding more versatility. As you can see this saw has it all!
In addition, a tall fence supports 4-1/2-inch crown molding nested vertically, as well as 6-inch base molding set vertically against the fence. The fence slides out of the way easily when it's time to make bevel cuts. Let's talk more about the bevel ability of this awesome saw for a minute.
This woodworking saw is engineered to deliver quick and accurate bevel cuts. Easily setup bevel cuts that measure between 0 and 48 degrees on the left and bevel cuts that measure between 0 and 3 degrees to the right. This setup makes the capacity for those big jobs easy. We like this feature!
Plus, it has positive bevel stops at 0 and 45 degrees which makes finding and setting the most common bevel angles a swift and smooth process. This DeWALT saw can also deliver clean 45 degree bevel cuts through dimensional lumber with measurements all the way up to 2 by 6 inches. Nice!
The lightweight DeWALT Compound Miter Saw weighs just 35 lbs and has a built in carry handle, making it comfortable to move around from place to place and store it at the end of the day. Nice!
This miter saw also comes with a full blade cover for maximum safety as well as a saw dust bag to catch all the dust. Making safety even more prominent with this DeWALT miter saw. And we really like this feature!!
The Imitable Specs
- Blade Diameter- 10"
- Amps - 15Amps
- No Load Speed - 5000rpm
- Arbor Size - 5/8"
- Vertical Capacity: Baseboard Against Fence - 3-1/2"
- Vertical Capacity: Crown Molding Vertically Nested - 4-1/2"
- Horizontal Capacity: Baseboard Lying Flat - 6"
- Horizontal Capacity: Crown Molding Lying Flat - 5-1/4"
- 45° Bevel Cut Capacity (dimensional lumber) - 2x6
- 90° Cross-Cut Capacity (dimensional lumber) - 4x4"
- 90° Cross-Cut Capacity (Max Width) - 2x6 dimensional lumber
- 45° Miter Cut Capacity (Max Height) - 2x4
- Tool Weight - 35lbs
- Shipping Weight - 38lbs
You've had enough have you?...Well there's more I could tell you about this great piece of equipment, but I think I've made my point.
What comes in the box.....
- DW713 DeWALT 10-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw, one carbide blade, blade wrench, and dust bag.
Cool, Now Does It Have A Warranty?
Well this was one of the most attractive things about the DeWALT saw that really caught my attention for you. Check this out.....
- This DeWALT® High Performance Tool comes with a warranty package that includes:
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- 1 Year Free Service Contract
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Wow That Is Awesome Stuff There Kevin, Can I See Some Pro's and Con's?.....I gotch you!
- When you buy this saw, I feel you get higher quality things you need, not a feature laden saw with mediocre components. You'll appreciate the tall fence, the blade guard, a dust bag that actually catches sawdust, a high quality miter table/gauge without stickers, a 15 amp motor, and a stout and sturdy frame.
- This saw has adequate power and does not bog down unless you really try to rush it which is a bad idea to start with. I cut plenty of hardwood with it and have had no problems. The saw is very accurate, mine was perfect out of the box.
- I purchased this saw after having to take back a craftsman 10 inch because it could not cut accurately. What a difference! This saw is just made better.
- The only problem is that the top edge of the bevel pointer is not on the same plane as the bevel scale, leaving you without a good point to read the bevel. This is a 10 cent part, which is not in keeping with the quality and features of the rest of the saw.
- Great saw, but getting the listed accessories (DW7080 Work Support Extension and DW7084 Crown Molding Fence) is problematical.
- I don't think there is a better saw on the market at this price, but next time I'll spend more to get a saw that has a soft-start and that's quieter.
Alright, Well How Much should I expect To Pay For Something This Nice?
Well at the time of this writing the DeWALT DW713 10-inch Compound Miter Saw at Amazon is $219.00. I don't think you'll find it at a better price, especially when you consider that this dewalt miter saw also comes with Free Shipping from Amazon. So when you couple all that together it's a great deal.
So Then Where Should I Buy One At?
When you consider the deal that you're getting, with all the quality and features of this woodworking miter saw, and the free shipping, you might as well get it at Amazon. Unless you don't care to spend hours searching for a better deal on it, and then you might not even find one! Yeah, you can't go wrong, get it here at Amazon.
Heres to you creating your masterpiece of woodwork!!
Thanks for coming by...