Providing Professional, Unbiased, Quality Reviews of the Products You use Everyday
Discover Informative Articles of Reviews relating to Home and Garden, Family, and Consumer Shopping

Join KevsProReviewson

Monday, April 18, 2011

What is The Camping World: A Reminder

Well, its the middle of April now and I'm beginning to see Campers, Trailers, Mobilehomes, and all sorts of camping gear starting to come out of the closet.  The trees are blooming, flowers growing, and dandelions popping out on my front yard.  For me its time to get the lawnmower out.

camping grillAnyway, I love spring and the whole prelude to the summer thing, it just makes you want to wake up and get outside and do things.  Whether its working or playing or whatever you do.  Its a beautiful time of year!  One of the favorite things lots of people like to do is get out their camping supplies and fishing gear, get it ready to have some fun.




Camping is one of my favorite things to do. In fact here at my house we just bought ourselves a, I don't know, uh, camper, or mobile home, well its a camper with wheels and a motor....lets leave it at that.  I get confused between the two, camper, mobile home..whatever.

chevy and camping trailer
However, we're going to a park here in Ohio where I live, called Mt.Gilead, St.Park this year. Looking forward to getting away to the peacefulness of the park, fishing, and camping. One of the problems I have is once I get going to the camp sites, I always remember something I should have brought with me that I didn't. You ever do that to? Get half way somewhere and remember something you forgot.

Well it sux.  So what I've decided to do is make a camping checklist. This will help you to. Heres one you can download that covers everything, but one thing.  Can you guess what is?  Go ahead look - here.  Everything thats on there is what you should bring with you, most of the things the wife, girlfriend or husband/boyfriend will remember - hopefully.

enjoy a family camping tripThis is the one thing that if I forget to bring with me, not only will the other half be upset, but I will be to.  This is general camping we're talking about folks.  But its needed with every form of it, trailer, camper on wheels, and so on.




In that list is named the camping grill rack, but thats not always enough. The one thing on that list you should never forget is your Grill!  Don't get to the campsite and then realize you forgot the camping grill. Thats like getting to the lake, and realize you forgot your pole.

Here are the basic categories that you should have:

  • Shelter - of course
  • Personal Items
  • Clothing
  • Food Preparation & Cooking
  • Miscellaneous Items
  • Things For the Kids 
  • And any additional Items you can think of 

These are all necessary things for sure, but don't leave home without your grill. After all, what would a barbecue at the campsite be without a grill? They're like peanut butter and jelly, they go together.
family camping

The Moral of the thing:

So what is the idea here?  Don't forget your Camping Supplies, including your camping grill, better yet just make a checklist or get one here to your printer.  That camping checklist is a big helping reminder.  Hoping you have fun on your next camping trip...;).


Thanks for coming by....


7 comments:

I think this is one of the most important info for me. And i am glad reading your article.

Personally I love the great outdoors and camping is probably on of the best ways to experience that. Adventurers should always be wary and be prepared.

@LCD - glad you like it - thanks for the comment.

@DC - If some were going to go hiking should they take some other things with them besides whats on that checklist? Or should hiking have its own checklist? What are some things you would take? Thanks for the comment.

My husband and I love camping. We travel with an Airstream camper now but still use our handy camping list. We also have a hiking list as you do need different items to take on a day-hike. Just be sure your hiking list items are on your camping list!

Good idea Kedron! Maybe also even if your going boating as well, for that matter even fishing has its own things to not forget. Thanks for the comment...come back!

Do you have any specific recommendations? I'm new to the whole camping things, but I really want to give my boys the camping experience i always wanted. I've been looking around The Sportsman's Guide camping section. Do you have a site or dealer you prefer to buy from that you'd suggest I go through? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@Anonymous.....I think the site that you mention is a very good site for supplies. Also as you'll notice the banners I have on the site now for Sierra Trading Post. They have good supplies as well. And you might try Cabelas.com to.

Of course you can use the checklist that I have a link to in the article here. It will help you to be sure you've covered everything to take with you on your trip.

Thanks for your comment....I hope you have a great time with your boys on your camping trip.

Come back and visit again....

Kev