With winter coming fast now and more time being spent inside the home its important to make sure your air filter in your furnace is clean and ready. Air purifier filters are one of the things you don't want to forget to replace in your furnace so you have good clean air in your home during the winter. This is important for your family's health.
Here we are at the behest of another winter. Already its the last week in October and the temperatures are beginning to drop significantly. Man, summer went quick! Seems like just yesterday I was talking about spring coming on. Now the trees are changing color already.
Anyway, with cold weather coming on most people are putting away their summer patio furniture and battening down the hatches to get ready for the cold weather and snow. This means that more people will be spending more and more time inside their houses. Once the cold weather comes most people will be getting outside only by their computers through the internet.
If you can call that getting outside. Of course theres still the trips to work and the grocery store and so on. Any length of time spent outdoors will be limited for sure. Unless you take a trip to where theres warmer weather, most will be staying inside the house.
With the coming of winter also brings more sicknesses like colds and flu and things of that nature. It seems like winter time is the time most people come down with some kind of fever or flu. That is the reason for this review. This review comes, with the view in mind of greatly reducing the chances of that happening to you and your family.
As usual after many days of researching different products with this in mind, to reduce people's chances of getting sickly this winter and every winter for that matter. I have decided the best way to help people is to make sure their air is as pure as possible in their houses. As you know from my other reviews, my criteria for choosing a product to review is very strict.
It must meet quality, purpose and price before it will make it to this site for review. After many long hours of research I chose the air purifier or air cleaner by The Winix Company. It's called the Winix WAC5300 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave™ Technology.
This product more than meets my criteria for review. This air purifier has the whole package. Quality, usefulness, and a more than reasonable price that everyone can afford. So let's take a look at this product and dissect it, to see what it's made of for you and your family.
The first thing I want to focus on is the Technology that they've built into this product called the Plasma Wave Technology. So what is it?
- The Plasma Wave technology creates the positive and negative ions that will combine with natural water vapor to form whats called hydroxyls. These hydroxyls will neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors and gases and break apart the molecular structure into water vapor and other harmless air molecules. This technology emulates the way nature cleans the air. Making the air the cleanest you can breath.
The Winix WAC5300 True HEPA Air Cleaner with Plasma Wave Technology combines the best air cleaning technologies that deliver clean, fresh air. It is 99.97% efficient HEPA air filtration, with a odor control carbon pre-filter. Along with the Plasma Wave Technology, it offers superior control of household odors, pollutants and allergens. It is also Energy Star Qualified, AHAM Certified, and UL Approved.
It is also capable of cleaning the air of a large family room or living room and bedroom. It will clean the air of up to 350 square feet of space.
3 Stage Air Cleaning:
- Stage 1:
- Stage 2:
- Stage 3:
About HEPA Filters
What does HEPA Stand for? HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Arresting filter. This quality type of air filter was first introduced by the Aerospace industry. It is most commonly used by NASA in filtering the air for the Astronauts in space flights. HEPA filters can trap smoke, soot, micro-dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen and most airborne microbials. Another fine quality point about this particular product.
Air Quality Sensor:
- This feature monitors the presence of air-borne particles and it will adjust the air cleaners settings automatically. That gives you a set it and forget it convenience. Nice feature!
- This of course allows the unit to operate on very low usage of electricity. For example like your computer monitor is probably Energy Star Compliant. Thats a capability to allow it to go to sleep when not in use. Power saving, a nice feature as well.
The Technicalities of This Home Air Cleaner
- 3 – Stage Air Cleaning
- True HEPA Efficiency
- Carbon Pre-Filter
- Air Quality Sensor
- Sleep Mode
- Auto Mode
- Replace Filter Indicator
- Number of Fan Speeds: 4
- Electronic Display: Digital
- Air Intake: Front
- Air Out vent: Top
- Power - Low (Watts): 6
- Power – High (Watts): 70
Nano Silver Mesh
When it comes time to replace the HEPA filter you'll know because the "Replace filter Indicator" will let you know. The Winix Company manufactures a replacement filter that actually has a silver mesh built into it. Yes, real silver!
Silver has qualities known to naturally inhibit and resist growth of bacteria by neutralizing the potential of it to reproduce. Silver is used in many applications where hygiene and cleanliness are of importance. This silver is added to the HEPA filter as an added superior benefit to the already outstanding home air cleaner.
I'm excited about this product because of its many quality features. After reading this far, I'm sure you can see what I'm talking about.
The Air Quality Sensor Details
The air quality sensor is actually 3 sensors built into 1. Those 3 sensors are:
- Odor Sensor
- Particle Sensor
- Light Sensor
The particle sensor will scan the air around the air cleaner for the presence of particles.
Such as pet dander, dust, smoke particles, pollen, and other allergens that are aggravating to the sinuses. These also can lead to illness. This is a cool feature. Amazing technology. The light sensor will automatically adjust the air cleaner for quiet and energy efficient operation while you are sleeping or away from your home.
This air purifier from Winix is loaded with many benefits as you can see. Now you know why I said, it more than meets our criteria for a quality purposeful product. But the best is yet to come, stay with me!
Alright, So What All comes in the Box? Knew You'd Ask!
1 Winix WAC5300 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave™ Technology. 1 HEPA filter.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Unit Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 16.3 x 8.5 x 21.7
Unit Weight (lb.): 15.7
Packaged Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 19.1 x 11.4 x 24.4
Packaged Weight (lbs.): 17.9
- 1 year limited warranty
- I could not be happier with the Winix I paid $149.00 for the 5300 and $350.00 for the Rabbit Air 421A my humble opinion there is not a difference in quality of clean air coming from either unit.
You absolutely cannot go wrong with the 5300 one of those great finds!!!
- When i said - "lots and lots of power " just consider this - my living room is about 400 sq.feet. There were three smokers in it puffing for a few hours. the air purifier is either on turbo mode or the third setting. all the windows and doors are closed. two friends of mine came in and they COULD NOT tell that anybody did smoke in the room!!! no smell, NADA !!!and that is about cigarette smoke - the one that stays for days and really really stinks.
- The Winix 5300 on its lowest setting seems to be moving just as much air as my old air purifier (Bionaire) did on it's highest setting and the Winix does it whisper quiet.
- The unit is a bit big for a small room, but looks fine, the sound is fine if no one is in the room. But under the fan noise there is a high pitched flutter noise in the unit I received.
- If you don't mind the noise when the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 is set on the highest setting, then it will improve air quality in your room.
- If the Sharp FPP40CX were the same price, I'd have gotten that one. It's plasma feature was silent, looked nicer, was white, thinner, and had a nice handle, which the 5300 is missing. The 5300 pushes more air though on it's most silent setting, so I'm keeping it.
Cool, How Much Should I Expect To Pay For Something This Good?
Well like I said earlier, the best was yet to come. Right now (at the time of this writing) you can get this awesome home air cleaner at Amazon for only $149.00. Plus it qualifies for FREE shipping as well. If you were to purchase this unit from the Winix Company itself, you'd pay $200.00. So, couple the price from Amazon and the free shipping and you have a great deal going on.
Oh, and one other great feature I almost forgot to mention. This top quality product is entirely manufactured here in the good ole US of A! And we like that!
So Where Should I Buy One for My Family?
I think all things considering, you won't be able to find a better deal anywhere else on this air cleaner. You should get your's at Amazon. You can do so right here.
Heres to your family's health, and happiness. I hope you have a reduced and/or sick-less winter with no illnesses. Not only for the winter but for all year long, every year!
Thanks for coming by...